Sister Andrea Kantner has been a member of the Sisters of St Francis of the Holy Eucharist since 1954. She taught in several grade schools staffed by the Community in addition to teaching in the Girls' Boarding Academy in Nevada, Missouri.
In 1977 she helped to open a mission in the Amazon Rain Forest of Brazil. Her work there involved teaching in the public school and adult education programs, assisting in the small Health Clinic and Maternity Hospital owned by the Sisters. She help to establish the 15 small Parish communities along the Jurua River.
Upon returning to the States in 1995, she became involved in sending containers of supplies to the Mission in Brazil, now staffed by Dominican Sisters. In 2001, she helped to coordinate the first shipments sent worldwide to needy areas. This developed into what is now the Franciscan Mission Warehouse.